217.379.4858

History



April 1, 1950

Carl Sr. purchases Jordan Drug Shop from Clem Jordan and renames it Hudson Drug Shop.


1955

Hudsonís celebrates Ford Countyís Centennial, along with other Paxton businesses.


1964

Exterior storefront remodeled.


1969

Purchased files from Davis Drug Store which was located where the Hallmark side is today.


1975

Carl Jr. purchases the business from Carl Sr. The front end of the store is remodeled to bring items from behind glass shelving to "self-service".


1982

Purchased files from D & R Drug which was located on the corner where First National Bank is now. The pharmacy was remodeled to accommodate more business.


1983

Hudson Drug Shop became one of the first pharmacies in Central Illinois to become computerized.


March, 1984

Hudsonís fills its 1,000,000th prescription.


1989

We no longer sell tobacco products.


1993

An entryway is forged through the wall to the north and the front end is dramatically expanded as Hudsonís becomes a Gold Crown Hallmark Shop.


1997

Hudson Drug Shop expands its delivery area to the south and offers daily delivery to residents of Prairie Village and later Brookstone Estates.


1998

The Beanie Baby craze hits. People line up when a new order comes in.


2000

Hudson Drug Shop celebrates 50 years of business. Three generations of Hudson pharmacists work together.


2002

The pharmacy area is expanded and remodeled to provide a better workflow.


2003

A point-of-sale system is added that integrates with the prescription processing system.


2004

Hudsonís joins CPA purchasing group which allows them to stay competitive in the marketplace by lowering the cost of goods.


2005

2,000,000th prescription filled.


2006

Medicare Part D prescription program begins and Hudsonís is instrumental in providing information to area residents.


January 1, 2007

Andy becomes the third generation owner by purchasing the store from Carl Jr.


June, 2007

The back room is remodeled to allow more space to fill nursing home prescriptions.


December, 2007

The average daily number of prescriptions filled has doubled in the past 10 years.


July, 2008

Script Pro robotic system is installed. It counts, labels and bottles 50% of all prescriptions.


August, 2008

Prescriptions start arriving to the pharmacy electronically.


December, 2008

Hudsonís becomes the first pharmacy in Illinois to offer multi-dose packing to retail customers through its robotic PACMED system.


2011

Expands delivery service area to Cissna Park, Hoopeston, Rossville and Farmer City.


January, 2012

Hudson Drug Shop purchases the files of Sav-Mor Pharmacy which closes after 31 years of business.


Summer 2012

The entire exterior of the building is remodeled. The Hallmark room is expanded to the front of the building and the entry to the business is moved to the north. Several area Hallmark stores close leaving Hudson Drug and Hallmark Shop the only Gold Crown within 50 miles.


Fall 2014

Hudson Drug Shop continues to grow, improving the way we do business. We can't thank our customers enough for continuing to support us, and we look forward to serving you in the future.